WATER SHUTDOWN UPDATE
WATER SHUTDOWN OCTOBER 4, 2018
Due to freezing temperatures, the Alberta Enivironment Main Canal will be shut down on October 4, 2018. District pipelines are currently being emptied due to freezing temperatures.
For more information on your specific canal or pipeline, call your Water District Supervisor.
Payments are due on Wednesday, October 31, 2018, for the discount to be applied on qualifying assessments.
EVEN IF THERE IS A STRIKE AT CANADA POST, THE DEADLINES STILL APPLY.
Payment options are:
- Cash, if it is delivered to the LNID office during regular business hours.
- Cheques that are received or postmarked by October 31, 2018:
- Cheques can be delivered to the LNID office during regular office hours
- Cheques can be left in the mailbox at the office before the office opens at 8:00 am on November 1, 2018
- Cheques can be mailed if the envelope is postmarked by October 31, 2018 (assuming there is no postal strike). If you are close to the deadline, then go in to your post office and request that they manually stamp it (before it goes to Calgary for sorting).
- Online payments made through one of the following institutions:
Your account number is the five digit code in the upper right corner of your statement. Remember to allow for processing time and for technology glitches that could delay your payment. For online payments, the payment date will be the date that LNID's bank shows the deposit.
- ATB Financial
- BMO Bank of Montreal
- All credit unions
AQUATIC INVASIVE SPECIES
Aquatic Invasive Species pose a very real threat to Alberta's waterways and irrigation canals pipelines and reservoirs. Clean - Drain - Dry your boat and recreational gear.